Sunday, January 24, 2016

Course Projects

  • What are you most confused by or nervous about in regards to the four major projects?
The thing I am most nervous about is having to film or record myself. I am much more comfortable writing and organizing my thoughts on paper. I am nervous I am not going to be able to accurately convey what I am try to say in these genres. 

  • What are you most interested in or excited by in regards to the four major projects?
I am most excited for the freedom in the projects. It is much easier to do a project when it is interesting. I will have a lot more motivation to work on these projects than any other mandated topic.

  • Based on your understanding of the major projects, what are the elements of this course that you have to plan ahead for? How will the coursework described in the four project assignment sheets challenge your time management skills this semester?
With these major major assignments, I think it is important to plan ahead for research, equipment needed, and how the genre will work with the specific project. These seem like the universal, nonnegotiable platforms that are necessary to do the project well. 

  • How has your past English coursework in high school or college prepared you for the challenges of this course? What skills will you bring into the course with you?
Taking AP English in high school prepared me for this class because in that course I became very comfortable with how I convey my voice in writing. I think this skill can be translated to other genres as well. I look forward to the challenge of trying to adapt this voice in order to adjust accordingly to the different genres. In our class we also had a very open environment in which everyone was encouraged to share their opinions. I can tell this class will be similar and I am excited to see all the interesting things people have to say.

  • Do you have any questions about the four major projects that haven't been answered by the assignment sheets? What do you still want to know?
I think everything I need to know is already on the assignment sheets. With so much creative freedom, there are only a certain number of restrictions. The majority of the project will be decided by the person making it.

I looked at the blogs of Ryan Wolfe and Brady Thomas

Reflection: It is always good to hear similar worries about projects like these. It made me feel better that I am not the only one feeling nervous about some aspects of the projects, and as I read their worries, I could try to come up with solutions that could help. These projects are not to be taken lightly and I think it is good to acknowledge the possible problems that might occur.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely agree about the procrastination bit. However I have to disagree with you about the freedom part. That is what scares me the most about this assignment. The hardest part about homework with freedom is conceiving an idea; I like homework with structure! However that's just personal preference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with the idea of being nervous about filming youserlf, I too feel much more comfortable expressing myself through my essays. I have always been shy and presenting in person is not my strong suit. I also took AP English in high school and it prepared me for any extensive writing that we will be doing, but did not prepare me for the different ways we will be creating our course projects.
    -Sofia haserot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note on conventions of the blog post genre: Revisit Step 1.5 from "Deadline 1" to re-familiarize yourself with the conventions of blogging. You're missing items on the bulleted list of conventions there.

    ReplyDelete