Sunday, January 24, 2016

My Writing Process

1. My writing process includes more procrastination than anything. I would rather sit down and work on a piece for a long time than work on it in chunks. This allows me to get into the flow of whatever I am writing about. When I am able to get into this flow state it is easy for me to write continuously and then revise the finished product after.

2. Procrastinating is my dominant approach to writing. Since my writing process usually starts and ends in one sitting, I have to pick the right time to decide to sit down and work on it. This also leads to heavy revision. My writings start with a small plan or outline, a long, intensive period of writing, and a thorough revision afterwards.

3. My approach to writing is a risky one. Procrastination is never a good thing, adding unnecessary stress to assignments. However, I can write better when I have to write a whole piece at one time. While I would enjoy working on parts of the essay in advance, it is better for me to write an entire essay at once so I can connect my ideas effectively.

Spencerlikestorun. "Rock Climbing" July 29, 2014 via pixabay. Public Domain.
4. I think I could benefit from trying a heavy planner approach to writing. This would make the actual writing process a lot easier and I could still connect my ideas effectively.


This picture depicts my writing process because when I start writing there is nothing else for me to do than to focus on the writing. Also the danger of rock climbing correlates with the risk of procrastinating.

1 comment:

  1. Note on conventions of the blog post genre: Revisit Step 1.5 from "Deadline 1" to re-familiarize yourself with the conventions of blogging. You're missing one item on the bulleted list of conventions there.

    ReplyDelete