Sunday, February 28, 2016

From Academia to Social Media

The author I looked up is James Bisley. Like other authors I tried to research, the only form of social media he has is Facebook.


I was actually surprised when I looked up James. Compared to other authors I saw, his Facebook account did not focus a lot on his work. There were picture of him doing everyday things like going out to eat or hanging out with friends. There seemed to be not a lot of focus on his career with the journal. 


There is almost no connect between the persona displayed on social media and the persona of the journal. Given, the article he wrote was in my "reporting" genre. I would not expect a lot of his personal life to come out in this type of writing. There would not be a place for it. 
Facebook Like Button. Feb. 2016. Public Domain

No comments:

Post a Comment