Sunday, February 21, 2016

Brutality Honest Self-Assesment

I am even surprised as I type this but I am actually pretty happy with my submission. I had been so used to throwing together essays at the last minute but this time I was forced to work on it earlier. This led to me actually being able to organize my thoughts and add great additions to the paper. That being said, there are always areas to improve. I worry that it is not interesting enough. I tried to add better verbs and adjectives, but I felt somewhat restricted reporting a controversy and trying to remain neutral.


The major weakness of my project is that it might be too boring. I feel like there was a limit to how much I could add my own voice and creative language given the genre and topic. There was not a lot of room to make the essay a "fun read" and I fear I might lose the readers interest.


I think a major strength of my essay is how organized it is. I spent a lot of time moving things around, changing the structure of sentences, and adding and changing words. I really wanted it to flow nicely since I felt like I was lacking in the interesting section. I also felt like I did a good job with the quotations used, utilizing their context.


I honestly feel like I did a good job with time management with this project. This could be because I was so used to procrastinating before. It felt good to feel the progress come continually instead of being forced at the end. I felt like I could explore a lot more options with the piece.

Vino TV. "When You Finally Finish Your Homework at 4AM!Vine" June, 2 2014. Public Domain

This picture depicts exactly how I felt in my procrastinating days.

No comments:

Post a Comment