Saturday, February 20, 2016

Local Revision: Pronoun Usage

In general, my pronoun list is relatively short. This might be because I feel like I am vague when using them. Most of the times I did use a pronoun, it was within the same sentence the pronoun is referring to. As I was reading through my draft, I think I was satisfied with my usage of pronouns given the genre. I saw places where I could have added pronouns but I think it would have taken away from the professional tone of the essay.

I only used a pronoun to describe the audience once but included the audience throughout the essay, referring to them directly. This is because I talked about the audience very specifically, including people that used Lumosity, general consumers, researchers, and different types of people that used Lumosity. This was essential in explaining why my story has any relevance at all. These are the main people the story is affecting in the long run.



Tara Hunt. "Audience" September, 9 2013. Public Domain

No comments:

Post a Comment