Sunday, April 17, 2016

Editorial Report A

This post will show how I edited one my of sections from my project. I am still figuring how to make the actual video so these sections will just be the script.

Introduction

The war on drugs does not work and needs a different perspective and solution. Due to propaganda, misinformation and a misunderstanding of what kind of person an addict is and why someone becomes addicted in the first place, the drug war has been allowed to exist and cause a tremendous amount of damage. The current system in place allows corrupt politicians and government officials to profit off of the lives of people that need our sympathy, not punishment. To understand why the drug war has not worked and why it will never work, the problem of addiction has to be understood on a deeper level. 



Video: Nixon, Reagan, propaganda, Personal stories


Below is an edited version


The war on drugs has been a damaging and ineffective way to handle drug addiction. Due to propaganda, misinformation, and a misunderstanding of what kind of person an addict is and why someone becomes addicted in the first place, the drug war has been allowed to exist and cause a tremendous amount of damage. As more research has been done, we are beginning to see how addiction really works. There are many factors that include how a person is raised and what experiences they’ve had. There is a clearer understanding of how the brain is formed under such conditions, allowing scientists and doctors to more accurately diagnose addicts. The solution is not incarceration. These people need help solving the deeper issues at hand in order to stop using a particular substance.  To understand why the drug war has not worked and why it will never work, the problem of addiction has to be understood on a deeper level. 


Video: Nixon, Reagan, propaganda, Personal stories

The content changed quite a bit because I changed focus. Before I wanted to address the source of the problem and also why the solution is bad. I realized this would take too much time and I would not be able to cover everything. I am now just focusing on the source of the problem. This caused me to change around my introduction, in order to better inform the audience about what this video will be about. 


Since I restarted my project, I was not able to create a video. The original plan is still somewhat in place though. I plan on having either a picture or video playing at all times, with either audio from the video, or my own narration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment