Sunday, April 24, 2016

Peer Review for Sofia Haserot

I reviewed Sofia Haserot's video essay titled ObamaCare video essay.

Here is a link to her video.

I chose to pick activity 1 and focused on the rhetorical strategies used since she mentioned this was a concern in her blog post.

I helped Sofia with my comment because I addressed a specific concern stated in her blog. Basically, she was concerned that she did not connect enough emotionally to the audience. I commented that she did when she included her own family's history with Obamacare. It allowed the audience to understand the author more and invest in the issue.

When I made this peer review I reviewed the sections that talked about rhetorical strategies, especially pathos. There were examples and tips that I tried to find examples of in the video.  The book made it easy to find these examples and let Sofia know she was on the right track.

I admired Sofia's willingness to share personal stories. I tend to write with a very objective point of view so I always appreciate when people show their personal side. Now that I've analyzed how effective it actually was maybe I will start trying to do that more.



No comments:

Post a Comment